Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Carrie's chocolate chip cookies


2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup of (Packed) Brown sugar
1/2 cup of granualted sugar
2 sticks (1cup) of salted Butter (not cold but softened.)(I just stick it out an hour before I make the cookies, the microwave melts the inside too fast)

2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of Vanilla Exract
12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips(about 2 cups)

Preheat the oven to 350
In a large bowl or kitchen aid
blend the sugars on medium speed till they are totally mixed.
Then add the softened 2 sticks of butter and mix to form a grainy paste
scrape the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and then the vanilla extract. DO
not over mix the eggs. Just until they are blended in

Add the flour cup by cup and baking soda and salt.
Do Not Overmix.

I like to make larger cookies so I double the tablespoon to more like 2 tablespoons per cookie. I cook six at a time but you can cook more if you want. Cook them for only 10 minutes. They might look underdone but they aren't. When they cool you have a deliciously chewy yummy chocolate chip cookie. Enjoy. If you don't like them chewy and soft you can cook them for longer if you want. (Some people like them harder to go with milk)

2 comments:

Bean said...

I need your peanut butter bar recipe! Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read and the recipes.

Here comes an invitation to visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

Thanks so much.